• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Telegraph 2/12

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Telegraph 2/12

Chancellor promises review of tax rule change suffocating the self-employed
    Last edited by Lockhouse; 2 December 2019, 15:42.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Yup...

And yup again...

Comment

Promises a review into his own parties track record...

I mean this lot are totally insufferable... They are running against Labour and their own track record. Never quite seen anything like it....

Comment

Originally posted by dx4100 View Post
        Promises a review into his own parties track record...

I mean this lot are totally insufferable... They are running against Labour and their own track record. Never quite seen anything like it....
        "I swear, baby, I can change - this time will be different"

Comment

This will no doubt sound hilarious to many but, who is ultimately the decider over all things IR35?

The Treasury or the in situ political party?

I am sort of hearing one or both, but I am still not sure on whom the focus should be bearing down upon.

Comment

Originally posted by simes View Post
            This will no doubt sound hilarious to many but, who is ultimately the decider over all things IR35?

The Treasury or the in situ political party?

I am sort of hearing one or both, but I am still not sure on whom the focus should be bearing down upon.
            Neither. It is HMRC.

Sadly you are not alone in getting this. In fact most do not. If only someone would sue individual HMRC officers.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Neither. It is HMRC.

Sadly you are not alone in getting this. In fact most do not. If only someone would sue individual HMRC officers.
              Thanks fella.

So, can I ask what sort of power or influence the Treasury and/or a political party have over the HMRC? This in respect of all the political powers politicking with statements of reforms and reviews?

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
                "I swear, baby, I can change - this time will be different"
                Really does feel like an abusive relationship!

Comment

Originally posted by simes View Post
                  Thanks fella.

So, can I ask what sort of power or influence the Treasury and/or a political party have over the HMRC? This in respect of all the political powers politicking with statements of reforms and reviews?
                  None

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    None
                    Which begs the question, why do politicians (hurriedly) add it to their (hastily made) manifestos / promises?

It would be like me saying, 'I will endeavour to improve NorthernLad's behaviour when in power', without being able to do it, nor having any belief in a useful end result.

Comment

Working...
                    X