Telegraph 2/12 Telegraph 2/12
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Telegraph 2/12

  1. #1

    Super poster

    Lockhouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The 1950's
    Posts
    4,405
    Last edited by Lockhouse; 2nd December 2019 at 15:42.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

  2. #2

    More time posting than coding


    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    232

  3. #3

    Contractor Among Contractors


    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,047

    Default

    Promises a review into his own parties track record...

    I mean this lot are totally insufferable... They are running against Labour and their own track record. Never quite seen anything like it....

  4. #4

    Super poster


    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Midlands
    Posts
    2,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
    Promises a review into his own parties track record...

    I mean this lot are totally insufferable... They are running against Labour and their own track record. Never quite seen anything like it....
    "I swear, baby, I can change - this time will be different"

  5. #5

    Fingers like lightning


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    700

    Default

    This will no doubt sound hilarious to many but, who is ultimately the decider over all things IR35?

    The Treasury or the in situ political party?

    I am sort of hearing one or both, but I am still not sure on whom the focus should be bearing down upon.

  6. #6

    I Am Legend


    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    105,576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simes View Post
    This will no doubt sound hilarious to many but, who is ultimately the decider over all things IR35?

    The Treasury or the in situ political party?

    I am sort of hearing one or both, but I am still not sure on whom the focus should be bearing down upon.
    Neither. It is HMRC.

    Sadly you are not alone in getting this. In fact most do not. If only someone would sue individual HMRC officers.
    Fight HMRC now! Help sue HMRC individual officers/government ministers for malfeasance in office. Visit https://www.loanchargejustice.com/ and scroll to the bottom of the page to donate.

  7. #7

    Fingers like lightning


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    700

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Neither. It is HMRC.

    Sadly you are not alone in getting this. In fact most do not. If only someone would sue individual HMRC officers.
    Thanks fella.

    So, can I ask what sort of power or influence the Treasury and/or a political party have over the HMRC? This in respect of all the political powers politicking with statements of reforms and reviews?

  8. #8

    Contractor Among Contractors


    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vwdan View Post
    "I swear, baby, I can change - this time will be different"
    Really does feel like an abusive relationship!

  9. #9

    Super poster

    ladymuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,711

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simes View Post
    Thanks fella.

    So, can I ask what sort of power or influence the Treasury and/or a political party have over the HMRC? This in respect of all the political powers politicking with statements of reforms and reviews?
    None

  10. #10

    Fingers like lightning


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    700

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ladymuck View Post
    None
    Which begs the question, why do politicians (hurriedly) add it to their (hastily made) manifestos / promises?

    It would be like me saying, 'I will endeavour to improve NorthernLad's behaviour when in power', without being able to do it, nor having any belief in a useful end result.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •