• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Overthinking IR35?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Something like this? Your UTR / NI number tells them where you've been...
    https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2688472
    And if you are working through an agency the agency needs to report against each UTR / NI number the amount paid to which company.

If in April 2020 the company changes but nothing else does HMRC may come looking.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      I don't see a lot of investigations but I do see a lot of fishing trips similar to GSK to scare people into paying.
      I do too.

And as well as company-wide letters a la GSK, I see campaigns along the lines of 'This week we're 'Investigating' self-employed doctors, but as part of a two-week amnesty, please come forward for a no-prosecution deal.'

They aren't really investigating, but fishing.

Substitute 'self-employed doctors' for 'April's Outside to Inside contractors' and you might have the basis for a similar campaign. If this one ever comes to light, keep your head below the parapet and all things being well, it won't get shot off.

Comment

Working...
      X