• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New contract/client outside of IR35? Is this possible?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lance View Post
    a) It's not your problem
    b) HMRC aren't going to be knocking on those doors for quite some time so forget about it.
    yes, I guess you are correct. I'll advise the outcome when I know more.

Comment

Originally posted by JoJoGabor View Post
      Interested to hear the best way of getting the client to state that the contract will be determined outside of IR35 from April 6th. I assume this would have to be worded into the contract if you want to avoid being given your notice towards the end of March when the client realises what they've agreed to
      The best way to have the client say you are outside IR35 is to work in a manner compliant with the rules.

The contract is always secondary to the facts. No amount of clever wording will alter those.
      Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Your current agent is going to risk losing money - why you spoke to them to do more than give notice I'm not sure. They have a vested interest in you staying where you are. Clue: Agents generally lie when their lips are moving.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
        X