• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agencies again..and again..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ComplianceLady View Post
    It's frustrating as it's quite easy for HMG to say 'business have had plenty of time to prepare' but in reality it's hard to do that without the final text, then throwing an election plus promises from every party to 'review' creates paralysis. I expect it to go through in feb and it to be a mad dash - leading to more blanket or knee jerk decisions. Budget will be 8 weeks after election so we won't have any real certainty till then.

Mose big business know what they're doing, they just aren't necessarily sharing it. A lot of clients are saying they're reducing contractor numbers which begs the question why they had them if they could have resourced in another way. It'll come around but it will take time I think.
    Don't forget there is talk of looking at ER on MVL'ing your company. So I'm in a scenario like many others who have been with clients for a while, that we might take an Inside role somewhere, MVL our company and then be unable to start another PSC for 2 years. In the meanwhile, the goal posts could move on IR35 and whoever is in government could decide to extend the april2020 deadline or something more drastic. In which case we shouldn't have closed the thing down in the first place.

What a mess !

Comment

Not sure it's the agents that are at fault, they can only sell what the clients give them. Clients determine the IR35 status and the majority have no clue what to do. Most of the more reputable agents that I've been speaking to are as frustrated as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Si666 View Post
        Not sure it's the agents that are at fault, they can only sell what the clients give them. Clients determine the IR35 status and the majority have no clue what to do. Most of the more reputable agents that I've been speaking to are as frustrated as we are.
        I'd imagine that a lot of the agents porky pie that they know about how to classify a roll to the client - better to do that than look stupid and drop off the PSL. Easier to claim it's harder to attract decent candidates if a contract is inside.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by Si666 View Post
          I’ve spoken to many agents and almost all are saying (as per OP) that roles are “outside for now”. Problem is, supply is so outweighing demand, agents are happy too ditch anyone who attempts to make demands of the client to clarify the position.

Comment

Working...
          X