• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FTC For All IR35 Caught Contractors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FTC For All IR35 Caught Contractors

Just got the email from the client. While they say that they are looking at each role individually they have stated that all IR35 caught contractors will be expected to switch to a Fixed Term Contract from April 2020. No option to use a brolly and PAYE will be deducted by the agency.

My attitude to FTCs has always been don't touch with bargepole. Permie money with now permie benefits.

If it's an FTC on your contract daily rate, it's probably not too dissimilar to umbrella. Possibly a lack of pension options. FTC on typical FTC/permie rates though - agreed, avoid!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Bank Holiday View Post
      Just got the email from the client. While they say that they are looking at each role individually they have stated that all IR35 caught contractors will be expected to switch to a Fixed Term Contract from April 2020. No option to use a brolly and PAYE will be deducted by the agency.

My attitude to FTCs has always been don't touch with bargepole. Permie money with now permie benefits.
      FTC = Permie money with ALL Permie benefits.

See here: A love letter to hiring managers: we need to talk about the elephant.
      ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
      Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Bank Holiday View Post

What agency? FTEs are full employees...
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
          What agency? FTEs are full employees...
          It seems that, owing to the short timescales, they are not implementing any payroll changes so affected people will go on the payroll of their preferred agency.

Comment

FTC have most if not all the benefits of a permie at that client.

You will be offered a salary that is around the perm salary
            You will likely be tied into a 12 month contract with a hard line 4 week notice period.

You'll be a permie, but at least know when you'll be sacked rather than waiting for HR to tap you on the shoulder one day.

Unless it was my dream job and they currently had no ability to offer a perm role, then I'd rather be benched and keep looking.

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
              FTC = Permie money with ALL Permie benefits.

See here: A love letter to hiring managers: we need to talk about the elephant.
              dang i thought i had an insect in my MBP 16" with your ava

Comment

Working...
              X