• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reformed IR35: Can it be challenged?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
    I don't know here they get these figures. It cost me a fixed fee of £2000 to bring a claim in the ET and the subsequent costs of preparing the case for the EAT were £6000. So, a total of £8000, which paled into insignificance to the £12000 pa projected increase in taxation that would accompany being found subject to IR35. There was no contest was there?

However, I agree with compliancelady and suspect that this scenario is unlikely to happen as all gigs will either be outside, umbrella or PAYE.
    Don't wish to be a pedant but bearing in mind that was when a litre of petrol was 79p.

Fancy converting all that in to nowadays money it's a bit more relvant, if not tediously unending.
    Last edited by northernladuk; 12 December 2019, 16:40.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
      From a client perspective, all the law says is that they must have an appeals process.

If/when they come back with a repeat of their initial determination, I'm sure you could easily get a lawyer to take it to FTT. The real question is whether you have the £10Ks-100Ks do support such a process? I'd not hold much hope of such a claim getting the tax back. You'd be better off spending the lawyer fees on trying to employee rights.
      From a client perspective, all the law says is that they must have an appeals process.
      Recent events have shown that clients are avoiding this process which supports the opinion of compliancelady that most gigs from April 2020 will either be outside, umbrella or PAYE.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        What is that in nowadays money?
        £12,784.35 using an online inflation calculator.

£12000 is £19,176.52

Comment

Working...
        X