• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Closing LTD Company in April 2020, and start new LTD for client determined contracts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The best advice given to you here is to go and speak with an accountant. Stick with that.

Comment

Originally posted by CandiceMarie View Post
      You can't close down your company then start up another one doing the same type of work within 2 years. Look up 'phoenixing'.
      I think you should look it up!

Comment

Originally posted by Amanensia View Post
        Not so. If the contribution is made by your company, they can pay the full £40k per year even if you had no earnings at all.
        Careful with this, my accountant recommended not incurring a trading loss due to (large) pension contributions.

Comment

Originally posted by adubya View Post
          Careful with this, my accountant recommended not incurring a trading loss due to (large) pension contributions.
          I've seen this said a few times. Assuming payments are made from retained profit.
          However, there isnt a problem making a trading loss due to salary, is there?
          Then, all the salary can be salary sacrificed no?
          Last edited by fidot; 19 December 2019, 18:02.

Comment

Originally posted by adubya View Post
            Your accountant needs to rethink things then. Heard this absolute nonsense a few times.

Comment

Originally posted by fidot View Post
              I've seen this said a few times. Assuming payments are made from retained profit.
              However, there isnt a problem making a trading loss due to salary, is there?
              Then, all the salary can be salary sacrificed no?
              Exactly. I wonder if these 'accountants' would have the same problem if it was a large bonus being paid rather than a pension contribution. Of course they wouldn't - which proves they don't know what they are talking about in the first place!

Comment

Why not just pay the 300 quid a year for ir35 insurance and have done with it...

This is something I silently wonder about most posts on these forums.

Comment

Originally posted by FIERCE TANK BATTLE View Post
                  Why not just pay the 300 quid a year for ir35 insurance and have done with it...

This is something I silently wonder about most posts on these forums.
                  If clients deem one inside then what do you expect the insurance to do? Further, there won't be any money to pay for insurance since it will have been deducted at source

Comment

Originally posted by FIERCE TANK BATTLE View Post
                    Perhaps if the insurance company goes bust the you're screwed.

If HMRC decides to go after everyone, it will be easier for QDOS to hit and run than to compensate all contractors affected.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Comment

Originally posted by Syd View Post
                      Perhaps if the insurance company goes bust the you're screwed.

If HMRC decides to go after everyone, it will be easier for QDOS to hit and run than to compensate all contractors affected.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app
                      No. If QDOS lose the first one and HMRC use the same argument across the board QDOS will use the clause saying they won't defend when there is no real prospect of winning. They've been very smart.
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X