• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Closing LTD Company in April 2020, and start new LTD for client determined contracts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    No. If QDOS lose the first one and HMRC use the same argument across the board QDOS will use the clause saying they won't defend when there is no real prospect of winning. They've been very smart.
    I know the horse has bolted for most people but when I was looking at insurance last month Kingsbridge claimed they have a superior policy because they will cover a legal challenge regardless of the chances of success. Different courts on a different day can make different decisions after hearing different arguments. Let's hope they get a fair opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by eldy View Post
      Yep, but my plan to close and open seems good right?
      I wonder if closing and then opening a company by the same director flags things up for a potential investigation?

Comment

Originally posted by stchez View Post
        I wonder if closing and then opening a company by the same director flags things up for a potential investigation?
        Depends.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mb31 View Post
          I know the horse has bolted for most people but when I was looking at insurance last month Kingsbridge claimed they have a superior policy because they will cover a legal challenge regardless of the chances of success. Different courts on a different day can make different decisions after hearing different arguments. Let's hope they get a fair opportunity.
          They might have done back in the day when it was money for old rope. Now they are potentially shouldering the liability of every single contractor not in an outside gig they might be changing their policies... If that is even legal. Very brave to stand by that.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X