• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

TJX declares all contractors inside IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unix View Post
    What about the risk of projects failing when the cream of the crop (myself for example) leave for outside contracts?
    everyone thinks they are the cream. Find me a contractor who feels he / she is the dregs.

In any case there will be very few outside contracts. If, say, 33% of contracts stay outside they are suddenly looking at 3 times the previously available talent. Hence they an push the rates down.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      What have they actually said? Have they said everyone is IR35 caught? Or have they a policy of no longer engaging ltdCo contractors.
      The latter. They don't want to bother evaluating

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyQuinn View Post
        The latter. They don't want to bother evaluating
        Ah. So in fact they haven't deemed anyone inside or outside of IR35 at all, because IR35 no longer applies.

Comment

Had an interview with them many years ago for a perm role. Interview process dragged on for almost 3 months and four rounds of interviews. Just before the final interview their HR bod told me that they had radically altered the scope of the role. The whole process was a joke which was a shame as I really liked the sound of working for them and the senior management I met seemed really switched on.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyQuinn View Post
            everyone thinks they are the cream. Find me a contractor who feels he / she is the dregs.

In any case there will be very few outside contracts. If, say, 33% of contracts stay outside they are suddenly looking at 3 times the previously available talent. Hence they an push the rates down.
            This is a really good point.

I've lost count of the number of recruiters who've been publishing articles and guidance about IR35, claiming that you can increase your rates by X% to offset any extra tax burden operating inside IR35.

I haven't heard of any large clients who have been proposing to do this, it's usually the opposite - rates stay the same, take it or leave it (in effect take a pay cut.)

Comment

Working...
            X