• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

TJX declares all contractors inside IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TJX declares all contractors inside IR35

TJX (Retailer including TKMaxx and Homesense) declares all contractors inside IR35. No individual review and assessment.

Originally posted by AnthonyQuinn View Post
    TJX (Retailer including TKMaxx and Homesense) declares all contractors inside IR35. No individual review and assessment.
    Simple risk aversion - companies don't like risk unless they need to accept it.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Simple risk aversion - companies don't like risk unless they need to accept it.
      What about the risk of projects failing when the cream of the crop (myself for example) leave for outside contracts?

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
        What about the risk of projects failing when the cream of the crop (myself for example) leave for outside contracts?

The failed project due to you leaving has your name against it - no one else is going to be blamed (and you aren't there to defend yourself).

Meanwhile IR35 has both HR and the finance director going - "we can't take the risk"..
        Last edited by eek; 16 December 2019, 09:14.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Against the rules, surely? Each role is supposed to be individually assessed.

Comment

What have they actually said?

Have they said everyone is IR35 caught?

Or have they a policy of no longer engaging ltdCo contractors.

Comment

Originally posted by HoofHearted View Post
              Depends what they’ve actually done. No more contractors, only umbrella employees or PAYE, no problem. Otherwise, assessment by type of role can look like blanketing without being a problem. Anyway, we don’t even have the final legislation yet.

Comment

Low risk of that when half your industry is doing the same. Or if you are that lucky soul who finds his nice outside IR35 job, the next contractor along who is 90% as good won't have.

If you're still not concerned, then you haven't been paying attention.

Comment

Originally posted by HoofHearted View Post
                  If they are assessed yes, however saying you will only work with Brolly or PAYE post April 2020 isn't an assessment, it's a policy
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

What outside contracts ?

You will be easily replaced

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Working...
                    X