• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is it a no brainer if I can go and work through/via a small firm?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it a no brainer if I can go and work through/via a small firm?

Might have an opportunity - it's not bad overall by any stretch, but not quite what I'd usually look for. But, as above, it's via a small consultancy

From an IR35 and "waiting to see how the next year goes" is it as much of a no brainer as it feels to jump at the chance? Feels like it would let me crack on, essentially, as normal.

(I'm not looking for advice regarding small consultancies in general - that's been a large percentage of my life over the last decade or so)

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
    Might have an opportunity - it's not bad overall by any stretch, but not quite what I'd usually look for. But, as above, it's via a small consultancy

From an IR35 and "waiting to see how the next year goes" is it as much of a no brainer as it feels to jump at the chance? Feels like it would let me crack on, essentially, as normal.

(I'm not looking for advice regarding small consultancies in general - that's been a large percentage of my life over the last decade or so)
    Small Companies are outside the remit for the April 2020 IR35 changes. The only issue I could see is if they bodyshop you into a larger firm without doing any additional project management work to keep you outside.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Small Companies are outside the remit for the April 2020 IR35 changes. The only issue I could see is if they bodyshop you into a larger firm without doing any additional project management work to keep you outside.
      Can you expand on that? As in, so what if they do just chuck me in somewhere - what would make it not compliant?

Comment

Can you expand on that? As in, so what if they do just chuck me in somewhere - what would make it not compliant?
        I'm doing exactly as you would like to do.

It's down to the contract that the small consultancy has with the end client.
        I found this was useful : Does IR35 apply to contracted-out services?

Sent from my SM-T280 using Contractor UK Forum mobile app
        Don't believe it, until you see it!

Comment

Originally posted by darrylmg View Post
          I'm doing exactly as you would like to do.

It's down to the contract that the small consultancy has with the end client.
          I found this was useful : Does IR35 apply to contracted-out services?

Sent from my SM-T280 using Contractor UK Forum mobile app
          Nice one, that makes a lot of sense. From the initial stuff it does sound like it would be contracted out, but that's given me a great basis on which to work.

Thanks all - fingers crossed!

Comment

Nice one, that makes a lot of sense. From the initial stuff it does sound like it would be contracted out, but that's given me a great basis on which to work.

Thanks all - fingers crossed!
            I doubt that, but spin it whatever way you want

Comment

Working...
            X