• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Saj questions on IR35 today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dsc View Post
    Isn't that a bit tight? don't they need to pass legislation to make the IR35 reform happen?
    no. Its policy. not law

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyQuinn View Post
      no. Its policy. not law
      Eh?

It's an update to the ITEPA:

https://assets.publishing.service.go...egislation.pdf

The ITEPA is an Act of Parliament, aka "law".

I think you're getting confused between the changes to legislation that support the new chain of responsibility and liability vs. the lack of any underlying change to employment law or case law on which IR35 status is based.

Comment

Originally posted by adubya View Post
        Yeah. This promised 'review' exemplifies entirely why I have never voted for a party at any election.

While I am sure this flies against the grain of countries fighting for the freedom to vote etc., I have always self stipulated not wanting to be caught up in the excitement of a party's promises that, once In power, the party then elects not to deliver upon.

In other words, not 'being suckered in to believing'.

Comment

Nobody actually believed the Tories did they?

More fool them...
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            Nobody actually believed the Tories did they?

More fool them...
            How many CUKkers voted for them?

Not that it would have made any difference. Whichever party formed the government was never going to do anything about IR35.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              How many CUKkers voted for them?

Not that it would have made any difference. Whichever party formed the government was never going to do anything about IR35.
              Election voting was never going to be about who would be 'best' for contractors. It was always a choice for the 'least worst'.

Personally I voted Lib Dems for their support on the LC and the amazing work that Ed Davey did, and that my local Lib Dems candidate was a good guy (and the Tory one a c&nt).

But overall perhaps the Tories are the least damaging. Labour would have decimated us and half of England with it.

Hard to believe, and I hate the Tories with a passion - I've been hit hard on their property taxes too, so they're no good for me. Property investors were a soft target because of the spin that makes them public enemies, but IT contractors are almost as bad at sticking together to fight a cause. The LC war is the only shining example of what can happen when a few good people work together to fight injustice. I doubt we will see anything similar for the fight against IR35.

Comment

David Davis has just tweeted asking for an IR35 delay. That's quite big news.
                ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                  David Davis has just tweeted asking for an IR35 delay. That's quite big news.
                  Can we all share the hell out of it

David Davis on Twitter: "I welcome the announcement of a review into IR35. But letting the implementation of IR35 go ahead during the review will seriously cost people and small businesses. It would be more sensible to defer implementation until 2021."
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

As with everything David Davis has ever said and done - he is wrong.

The damage has already been done as large companies have started to implement their policy changes - delaying things won't solve anything, if anything more delay will make things even harder.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      As with everything David Davis has ever said and done - he is wrong.

The damage has already been done as large companies have started to implement their policy changes - delaying things won't solve anything, if anything more delay will make things even harder.
                      GPWM, stop MORE damage!
                      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                      X