• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Most contracts being advertised as Outside IR35 - Azure/Cloud Consultant

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    I'm finding that the majority of contracts being advertised now are Outside IR35 contracts for my skill set. My skillset is predominantly around Azure Data Platforms (Azure Architecture, Dev, Big Data etc). I've gone through the government tool and it's saying I fall outside IR35 in any case, however, I'm wondering if this is a supply/demand outcome or if clients are genuinely clued up on the fact that I am not a BAU person, rather coming in to deliver a project and then leave.
    Same here and the market is buzzing!
    (Skillset Dynamics)

Comment

Well genuinely, if you can get an outside contract then good luck to you.

I would make sure that you have some kind of insurance against HMRC hitting your client and then them (and the agent) in turn hitting you (there maybe something in the contract to that effect).

And be absolutely squeaky clean regarding maintaining the correct working practices to fight it.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by rockinghorse View Post
        Same here and the market is buzzing!
        (Skillset Dynamics)
        ERP / Business Central or CRM / CE / Powerapps?
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Manic View Post
          Or

Brrrrrr brrrr, brrrr brrr "Good Afternoon Tata Consulting"

Ah yes hello, "could you supply me with an Azure Consultant?"

"Oh yes sir, plenty cheapness"
          TCS can't at the moment and nor can any other Indian outsourcer. Azure and power platform devs are seeing multiple pay rises a year in India at the moment just to stop them being poached by the next company along.

Microsoft have also had to change their partner rules so that it encourages development of new resources rather than the usual approach of stealing staff from the other local firms.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

I would make sure that you have some kind of insurance against HMRC hitting your client and then them (and the agent) in turn hitting you (there maybe something in the contract to that effect).

And be absolutely squeaky clean regarding maintaining the correct working practices to fight it.
            And watch out for stuff like this:

Interaction Designer - Contract outside IR35 - Manchester - January-08-2020 (HfASm)

Outside IR35 gig to April 1st then long contract extension afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Manic View Post
              And watch out for stuff like this:

Interaction Designer - Contract outside IR35 - Manchester - January-08-2020 (HfASm)

Outside IR35 gig to April 1st then long contract extension afterwards.
              That's Centrica btw so we don't know the outcome.

Their more detailed advert is a sight to behold as I would love to see the designer's reaction when he discovers the limitations he really has to work with (D365 model app interface). Yes you can have anything you want if you find a good enough developer but there are probably only about 5 suitably knowledgeable people in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

what do you mean by the client "hitting the agent" and "in turn hitting you"?

If the changes go ahead then at least one thing is crystal clear, the onus is on the client. I don't see how they can hit you, so to speak, in any way following April 1st. This sounds like speculation.

Comment

Originally posted by wiffwaffwaa View Post
                  what do you mean by the client "hitting the agent" and "in turn hitting you"?

If the changes go ahead then at least one thing is crystal clear, the onus is on the client. I don't see how they can hit you, so to speak, in any way following April 1st. This sounds like speculation.
                  +1. So, the client makes a (formal) determination but includes a clause in the contract that they will recover costs from the agent who recovers cost from you, for an incorrect determination they've made? Wonder what insurance product can cover that!

Comment

Originally posted by thesquaremile View Post
                    +1. So, the client makes a (formal) determination but includes a clause in the contract that they will recover costs from the agent who recovers cost from you, for an incorrect determination they've made? Wonder what insurance product can cover that!
                    Rule 1 - Agents are risk adverse cowboys who will try to put any clause in a contract if they think it will protect their income.
                    Rule 2 - most contractors just sign the contract and don't get it reviewed.

Put those things together and it's possible that you could end up in a world of pain if HMRC come a calling at the end client and the client starts pressuring the agency.

Comment

Originally posted by thesquaremile View Post
                      Quite...
                      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                      X