• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 Based in UK working for a Foreign Based Company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IR35 Based in UK working for a Foreign Based Company

Hi,

Need some advice. Been called about a role working from home but with a EU based company with the occasional day in the office. Will that company have to follow the changes being made and confirm inside or outside ir35?

Thanks for any advice.

My understanding is yes they will (in theory).

I have a similar situation where I am working for a US company.

In theory they should make an IR35 determination. In practise they probably won't and I won't be badgering them about it.

Comment

Haha yes makes sense as it is ultimately their responsibility. Not sure if it will come off but it was a just in case.

Comment

I am currently in a similar sounding position in that, while I am based in the UK, I am being paid by and from NL.

Since the Treasury / HMRC jurisdiction ends at the Channel, the IR35 rules do not apply. Normal Corp and Income tax paid as normal as a resident in the UK.

Are you being paid from the EU country?

Comment

Originally posted by simes View Post
          I am currently in a similar sounding position in that, while I am based in the UK, I am being paid by and from NL.

Since the Treasury / HMRC jurisdiction ends at the Channel, the IR35 rules do not apply. Normal Corp and Income tax paid as normal as a resident in the UK.

Are you being paid from the EU country?
          Interesting. They haven't said how it would be paid yet. As mentioned only in talks but as it was via a UK based agency I assume I will be paid by the agency. So not direct.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post
            Interesting. They haven't said how it would be paid yet. As mentioned only in talks but as it was via a UK based agency I assume I will be paid by the agency. So not direct.
            best of luck with registring for a local tax number in EU countries post-Brexit. what a mess we are in.

Comment

Working...
            X