Outside IR35 to a perm...best timing Outside IR35 to a perm...best timing - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Posts 11 to 20 of 21

Double Godlike!

Walking in the garden, dreaming of Olivia...

Quote Originally Posted by trailfinder09 View Post
    sorry to keep boring you... so to clarify, there is no difference at what moment to go perm? I hate perm jobs...but bills need to be paid
    Not quite. You're OK as long as your last payment as a contractor is cleared before April 5th.
    Blog? What blog...?

thanks everyone for the input!

Quote Originally Posted by malvolio View Post
    Not quite. You're OK as long as your last payment as a contractor is cleared before April 5th.
    Most agencies pay via BACS thus it has to clear by the 3rd April (4th/5th are weekend and non BACS calendar days)

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

TykeLike

Here's one for you!

I put an invoice in on the 28th Feb, which is the last day of MyCo's financial year so is included in this years books, to paid after the 6th April.

Technically I could be charged CT & VAT on this invoice but the invoice be ultimately paid PAYE (of course this would only be a problem if your accounts are done on receipt of payment not invoice generation)
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

― Marcus Aurelius

Should post faster

My agency was very helpful, they confirmed my final pay for March will be paid on 3rd April.

Still gathering requirements...

Quote Originally Posted by sira View Post
    My agency was very helpful, they confirmed my final pay for March will be paid on 3rd April.
    I wouldn't take such risk. What if the payment doesn't clear on the same day, or if the agency turns out to have cashflow problems, etc etc?

HMRC don't have the resources to chase down every edge case .
    I am sure HMRC system is smart enough to evaluate whats changed and filter and trigger backdate. I cant believe HMRC system is so old that they have to manually go through each and every case to identify contractors who fall under IR35.

Double Godlike!

Walking in the garden, dreaming of Olivia...

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaiya View Post
    I am sure HMRC system is smart enough to evaluate whats changed and filter and trigger backdate. I cant believe HMRC system is so old that they have to manually go through each and every case to identify contractors who fall under IR35.
    No, they use their iXBRL-enabled data to match up company and personal accounts with the RTI data and look for anomalies. But that doesn't mean they have hundreds of qualified inspectors just sat waiting to leap on every case; they will most likely take a random sample.

So one way to keep under the radar is to follow the rules scrupulously...
    Blog? What blog...?

But that doesn't mean they have hundreds of qualified inspectors just sat waiting to leap on every case; they will most likely take a random sample.
    Or send a nudge letter to every match on their list per GSK?

No, they use their iXBRL-enabled data to match up company and personal accounts with the RTI data and look for anomalies. But that doesn't mean they have hundreds of qualified inspectors just sat waiting to leap on every case; they will most likely take a random sample.

So one way to keep under the radar is to follow the rules scrupulously...
    No disrespect. But I believe HMRC must have upgraded there system to trigger the letter on click of the button.