• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Useful tool

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Useful tool

Find fairer IR35 clients. OffPayroll.org.uk

useful to me anyway as it's told me my clients approach (PAYE/umbrella) before they've even bothered!

**** 'em

That's quite a cool site. Obviously it gives a high level view as I'm sure there will always be exceptions but it gives a useful heads up

Comment

So good the previous post about it hasn't left the first page of this forum yet

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ffpayroll.html

Hint it has flaws as it uses contractor viewpoints and they could be biased or not fully informed.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I don't disagree it's got flaws.

Didn't spot that other thread. Oops.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          Hint it has flaws as it uses contractor viewpoints and they could be biased or not fully informed.
          This is getting boring now. Have never claimed it's perfect, just another perspective. But there are some great gems on there:

"Using Statement of Works and paid on deliverables that are accepted and signed off...email address denotes contractors, different lanyards etc....Treatment like a supplier" - Bibby

"Had a great chat with contract resource team, both sides learnt a lot and actually advised my hirer to make some changes to further solidify the outside assessment. " - NFU Mutual

To add to the list of outrageously imperfect features, it now has an imperfect outside IR35 job scraper too. Hit the jobs button at the bottom - might give you a head start.

Imperfect: yes. But I think the folks who shared it & the 150k who saw it on LinkedIn over the weekend might have seen some value.

We're just trying to help the community, that's all.
          Insightful accountancy for contractors | Find us on Facebook | Follow @inniaccounts

Comment

Originally posted by inniAccounts View Post
            This is getting boring now. Have never claimed it's perfect, just another perspective. But there are some great gems on there:

"Using Statement of Works and paid on deliverables that are accepted and signed off...email address denotes contractors, different lanyards etc....Treatment like a supplier" - Bibby

"Had a great chat with contract resource team, both sides learnt a lot and actually advised my hirer to make some changes to further solidify the outside assessment. " - NFU Mutual

To add to the list of outrageously imperfect features, it now has an imperfect outside IR35 job scraper too. Hit the jobs button at the bottom - might give you a head start.

Imperfect: yes. But I think the folks who shared it & the 150k who saw it on LinkedIn over the weekend might have seen some value.

We're just trying to help the community, that's all.
            FYI: boring it may be, but "blanket assessments" are illegal. Are you saying that ASI et al. are acting illegally? Dodgy ground my friend. Very dodgy.
            ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
            Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
              FYI: boring it may be, but "blanket assessments" are illegal. Are you saying that ASI et al. are acting illegally? Dodgy ground my friend. Very dodgy.
              No, I'm not saying that.

We provide the platform. Contractors provide the content.
              Insightful accountancy for contractors | Find us on Facebook | Follow @inniaccounts

Comment

No, I'm not saying that.

So, you are participating in publishing known libels?

That's very odd behaviour... what does your insurer think of this behaviour?
                ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

No, I'm not saying that.

And were the company to sue you for misrepresentation (i.e. libel) how would you act?

An anonymous person told me won't work in court - and you couldn't name the person without causing subsequent problems.

I really think a short course in Journalism would do a lot of website owners the power of good.

What I do find annoying is that you are attacking us when all I'm doing is pointing out flaws before they become really, really expensive for you. A libel case in the UK would bankrupt you within days and the companies you are libelling wouldn't even blink.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Because everything on this forum, LN, FB, twitter, and all other social sites is all fact-checked before being shared by users?

I'm really at a loss why a small cohort of CUK forum users are so persistently hostile to other users here.

Comment

Working...
                    X