• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Updated government factsheet (can't spot the change though)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    keeping a massive target open and phrasing things in a way they don't think people will notice.

(that)

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

(that)
      On the upside though - HMRC have stated they won't be working on historic cases. Which means that as of April you probably don't need that IPSE insurance safety net unless you continue at the client you are currently at.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

On the upside though - HMRC have stated they won't be working on historic cases. Which means that as of April you probably don't need that IPSE insurance safety net unless you continue at the client you are currently at.
        They didn't say that.

They said that a change in status wouldn't automatically trigger an investigation. And we all know how vindictive HMRC are, so to the noobs here - stay protected.

….

Though having read your comment again I'm guessing you're being sarcastic!

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
          They didn't say that.

They said that a change in status wouldn't automatically trigger an investigation. And we all know how vindictive HMRC are, so to the noobs here - stay protected.

….

As I pointed out the report required to trigger an investigation can only be run manually... Someone will ask a minion to run it later this year and send letters to the people the manually ran report identifies.

Comment

As I pointed out the report required to trigger an investigation can only be run manually... Someone will ask a minion to run it later this year and send letters to the people the manually ran report identifies.
            I agree. Phrases like "targeted campaigns" and "automatically trigger" are not reassuring at all. HMRC could run a non-targeted campaign or trigger enquiry manually or at a later date.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesBrown11 View Post
              I agree. Phrases like "targeted campaigns" and "automatically trigger" are not reassuring at all. HMRC could run a non-targeted campaign or trigger enquiry manually or at a later date.
              Glad to see you are starting to see how HMRC announcements work. Don't look at what they say, look at the gaps in what they saying.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                They didn't say that.

….

stay protected.
                yes, and for some time after closing YourCo as well.

Comment

Would it not be beneficial to maintain it for the seven years one is supposed to maintain records for investigation? Or, if one follows the Loan Charge story, forever?

Comment

Originally posted by simes View Post
                    Would it not be beneficial to maintain it for the seven years one is supposed to maintain records for investigation? Or, if one follows the Loan Charge story, forever?
                    I guess someone here will advise in relation to a closed company. As far as I understand, HMRC would need to agree the closure of the company and I'm not sure then about any historic issues after that agreement.

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
                      I guess someone here will advise in relation to a closed company. As far as I understand, HMRC would need to agree the closure of the company and I'm not sure then about any historic issues after that agreement.
                      I just baulked at closing my Ltd down for that reason. After a 4 year contract. I don't think it being closed means you are scot free by any means. But I just thought attempting to close it now ads a pinch point I didn't need. I'm keeping mine open and will do some work elsewhere before any closure. I can't decide if it's preferable to work inside or outside in my next contract in terms of not drawing attention to my previous 4 year job.

Comment

Working...
                      X