• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Inside IR35 - keeping LTD

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    Discussed back in December and earlier this week at https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...-payeworx.html

And there will be a lot of these type of schemes. There is a lot of money to be made from unaware agencies and contractors at the moment.
    Thanks this is interesting - this looks (as quite a few people have observed) like the source of the next loan charge style fiasco.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
      Thanks this is interesting - this looks (as quite a few people have observed) like the source of the next loan charge style fiasco.
      You’d better believe it.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
        You’d better believe it.
        Oh it will be... People are greedy and the problem is outlined in this post from Friday in the Scheme Enquiry forum alongside my reply which explains the leap that most people don't grasp..

Originally posted by Hobo View Post

It was my agency paying them my money!!
        Thanks for the post though as it explains to me why people fell for the schemes and why I instantly ran away from them.

Although it's hard to believe when you are in a scheme the first thing you do on entering a scheme is sign away the fact the money you earn is yours.

Because of the agreement you made with the scheme, the agency pays the scheme (not you) the money for the work you did. Due to that agreement that money wasn't yours, it was theirs and some of it was then paid to you as salary, the rest was then put into a trust and from there passed to you...
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

If you are working on a a contract for a small company who haven’t had to make a determination but you’ve assessed it as IR35 then wouldn’t you still use the deemed payments calculation? My understanding was that if you’re working for a small company then nothing’s changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Pring View Post
            If you are working on a a contract for a small company who haven’t had to make a determination but you’ve assessed it as IR35 then wouldn’t you still use the deemed payments calculation? My understanding was that if you’re working for a small company then nothing’s changed.
            Why would a small company make a determination - unless they are supplying you to a large company...

Comment

Why would a small company make a determination - unless they are supplying you to a large company...
              They wouldn’t, so the determination still lies with the worker/PSC. The small company pays gross and the PSC makes deemed payment.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                Thanks I was beginning to think it was me - how can people not grasp this simple stuff?
                Wait until you see the clients not understanding this simple stuff and then maybe it will have a wider context.

Comment

Oh it will be... People are greedy and the problem is outlined in this post from Friday in the Scheme Enquiry forum alongside my reply which explains the leap that most people don't grasp..
                  And I notice that everyone has chosen to ignore your post and that rather inconvenient fact.
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                    And I notice that everyone has chosen to ignore your post and that rather inconvenient fact.
                    People do have a habit of completely ignoring their own historic mistakes all I can do is hope that posting it here ensures a few people think and don't join such schemes.

As for that HMRC scheme enquiries thread - I think people are ignoring everything and anything anyone says and rather than calming down and thinking they are often (angrily and accidently) creating far bigger messes for themselves down the line...

Comment

The issue is that where money is concerned, people can believe two opposing views, both at the same time, when it should be one or the other.

Quantum finance*, if you like.

See this for instance https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post1062346

Really, what can you say?

*TM cojak

Comment

Working...
                      X