• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thoughts please - IR35 Status discussion?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts please - IR35 Status discussion?

Role has come up last week.

Agent saying its outside ir35.

I obviously queried this saying has the client stated this?

Agent saying its definitely outside as I contract through the agency !!

On subtle querying.."because its come down from high".

Thoughts?

Get contract professionally reviewed, then it's up to your working practices which you'll have to discuss with the client

Comment

Depends how long the gig is - up to April (with note about payment dates) it's your funeral.

Anything running beyond then surely the client needs to supply an SDS? (assuming it's private sector).

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
        Depends how long the gig is - up to April (with note about payment dates) it's your funeral.

Anything running beyond then surely the client needs to supply an SDS? (assuming it's private sector).
        Its past April.

Really good point on the SDS.

I'm still hearing of many places who haven't decided and I'm loathed to take anything from now that runs past April that haven't decided.

Comment

You could agree to interview and then ask the client directly. If you don't like what you hear, walk away.

Comment

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
            I'm still hearing of many places who haven't decided and I'm loathed to take anything from now that runs past April that haven't decided.
            The market is tulip. Take what you can; when you can. Assume inside and act accordingly.
            ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
            Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
              The market is tulip. Take what you can; when you can. Assume inside and act accordingly.
              Indeed, and only going to get worse

Contracting is dead

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                Indeed, and only going to get worse

Contracting is dead

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
                It is. I suggest all contractors go permanent as soon as they can.

I'll be right there..just give me a little time, to ermm close my company, you know..admin stuff......

Comment

Working...
                X