• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 for client managers

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    "Use of Equipment

While the provision of certain vital client equipment is a given, using client laptops, mobile phones and cars, suggests that a working arrangement is perhaps more suited to that of an employee."

Suggested extra sentence:

However, if a contractor must use a client's computer to access their network and own equipment use is prohibited as part of a client's risk policy, this is not seen as an IR35 issue.

Rationale:

Clients could panic and jump to the 1+1=3 conclusion that they can't let contractors be outside IR35 if they don't use their own equipment. It's IR35 neutral as it's often part of the Ts & Cs of working for a large client on site.

Already tweaked that and re-posted. Will up date the original post to point to the latest version.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Thanks DaveB.

I’ve deleted the posts of those who love the sound of their own voices.

Thread closed.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
      X