• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

moving from outside IR35 to inside IR35 or employment in March

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

moving from outside IR35 to inside IR35 or employment in March

HI All,

situation is this

I work outside IR35. contract ends at the end of February.
    Is it worth working through March in any PAYE or inside IR35 contract?

the problem is I am going to take all my salary and dividends to 50k limit (before higher rate) anyway in this tax year.

so working in PAYE in March would make me pay 40% high rate tax + 10% employees NIC if I am not wrong.
    + I have child benefits around 2k for this year.

so let's say I get paid 6k in March. 6k -50% - 2k = 1k. for the whole month of work. - it looks like there is no point doing that.

Unless I don't understand PAYE and somehow I can work in March and get paid in the next tax year?

Thoughts?
    Thanks!

I don't know how to answer your question but:
    - you might have to pay 13.8%employer nics, 0.5% apprenticeship levy, 12% employee nics if you take <50k in income not dividends;
    - if you don't work you don't incur travel, food, umbrella expenses.
    So probably less.
    HIH BIDI
    Last edited by GigiBronz; 17 January 2020, 23:08.

Comment

Working...
    X