• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Laptops after Apr6th

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    There will be no expenses allowance
    … which is the final stake through the heart of contracting (or temping as it will now be known).

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
      … which is the final stake through the heart of contracting (or temping as it will now be known).
      Yep - expenses was the battle I fought as it was what makes contracting practical for people and clients not in the South.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        There will be no expenses allowance
        ^^ This.

Read the IR35 guidance and stop annoying us.
        ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
        Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by abcdefg View Post
          But leasing a laptop at 15/week To offset 780 quid against 40% tax seems like an idea. If you all have a spare 700 quid send it to me.

How old is the laptop?

If you MVL your company, will you have more come our of it than the current depreciated value of the laptop?
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            How old is the laptop?
            I'm going to guess that it's VERY new... like still up on the web page with a mouse poised above the "Buy Now" button new.
            ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
            Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
              I'm going to guess that it's VERY new... like still up on the web page with a mouse poised above the "Buy Now" button new.

Either that, or someone has bought/leased a shedload of stuff through the company "cause it's free" and now is not going to have any income going in to the company to pay for it all.
              Company car, company mobile, company everything, but not enough funds in the company to pay for the borrowed lifestyle.

It's kinda funny as well that someone who claims to be a contractor doesn't have any funds at all set aside in a warchest, that even £700 is enough to break the bank.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
              X