• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Request to the regulars on behalf of Newbies now till April

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Request to the regulars on behalf of Newbies now till April

There are going to be A LOT of new posters who will be asking the same things time and time again between now and April 6th.

I ask you to be patient with them. They will be panicked and they won’t have thought to do searches themselves, they will often think that this is the first time the question has mean asked.

If it has, just post them the link. Or don’t reply at all, let someone else do it.

Usual rules apply if they continue to post daft questions, but be kind with their first 1 or 2 posts please.

Just be kind.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

THANK YOU!

Just a note to all you regulars to say thanks for your work on IR35 - this isn't really going to get any better between now and April.

And a note to newbies, you are not the first one asking these questions. Please remember to search the forums first.

You can do this by going to Google and adding "site:www.contractoruk.com/forums/” at the end of your search terms, and it will only look on here.

To specify a particular forum add site:www.contractoruk.com/forums/forum-name eg "site:www.contractoruk.com/forums/IR35-reform”.
    Last edited by cojak; 31 January 2020, 07:57. Reason: Thanks to NickFitz for the search update.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

Bump - Thanks Again!

I know you are patiently repeating the same answers to every new poster desperately hoping that their situation is 'special' and that they won't be caught by this, or be at risk in their current contract.

This is going to be the norm until the first paycheck hits their bank accounts (and probably a little after as many come asking how they can appeal against losing nearly half of their income).

Thanks for your patience (and kindness).

Comment

However, to save our sanity, when I see threads looking like a never ending circle of ‘can I sue?’, ‘I am special, ‘what’s the risk of...?’ etc., I will close threads.

Comment

Gosh it comes around again so quickly!
          Same thing applies please.

Comment

Working...
          X