• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New contract IR35 SDS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by humble View Post
    yes, i will ask to produce SDS like this draft: https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...statement.html

still not sure what else required to comply with April 2020 changes. Thanks
    If you're deemed outside then you need to keep all the documentation supporting that decision. You carry on exactly as you do today, getting your contract professionally reviewed, ensuring your working practises align to the contract, etc. etc.

If you're deemed inside then you should be offered a PAYE package (it may be direct with the client, or through the agency). You may be told to use an umbrella. There is nothing you need to do to be 'compliant'. Whether you choose to keep or close your limited company is up to you.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      If you're deemed outside then you need to keep all the documentation supporting that decision. You carry on exactly as you do today, getting your contract professionally reviewed, ensuring your working practises align to the contract, etc. etc.

If you're deemed inside then you should be offered a PAYE package (it may be direct with the client, or through the agency). You may be told to use an umbrella. There is nothing you need to do to be 'compliant'. Whether you choose to keep or close your limited company is up to you.
      Thanks again. Even though liability will sit with end client still the contractor needs to ensure and reviewing. This does not sound fair to me.
      However right now liability is with contractor end clients do not care about professional reviewing.

Comment

Originally posted by humble View Post
        Thanks again. Even though liability will sit with end client still the contractor needs to ensure and reviewing. This does not sound fair to me.
        However right now liability is with contractor end clients do not care about professional reviewing.
        Well you could choose not to get the contract reviewed of course. But, I'm sure you know as a seasoned contractor, the contract is not just about IR35. There may be other clauses in there wholly unrelated to it that a professional review could pick up. If you're happy the client says outside and you don't care what else the contract contains, then don't bother getting it reviewed.

Comment

Working...
        X