• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bank of America joins (nearly) every other bank in banning PSCs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AnthonyQuinn View Post
    how on earth do you PUT YOUR RATES UP? your rate is what the client pays. Not what you ask.
    ^^^^^ This is not a good negotiating strategy ^^^^^
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
      +1

Comment

there doesn't appear to be any opportunity to negotiate with the banks!

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
          there doesn't appear to be any opportunity to negotiate with the banks!
          No, but there is with the agency. Granted, its a lot easier at initial engagement rather than when you're already there, moving to Umbrella, and asking for a rate bump. I think you'd be shown the door.

Comment

is there any bank that is NOT blanket banning PSC's?
            Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Maybe not in the general sense of the word.

But there will soon be a clients' market, and there Has been a contractors' market.

The former will have rates dictated to you, in the large part. And the latter one can freely negotiate.

Comment

Having worked at BoA when they owned a large credit card issuer in the UK, I can tell you most of the contractors or rather permie tractors there, havent a clue about IR35.

I remember when the bank forced the introduction of a contractor timesheet sign in regime. Most of the permie tractors were ok with it and didnt grasp the wider implications it signalled the start of direction, supervision never mind control when their bums should be on the seat. (Trust me, you had to be there to appreciate this!)

The agency got a very small change to some mechanics of the system and the permie tractors were clapping like a load of sea lions being thrown a sprat in a zoo at theannouncement.

Of course BoA sold off that card company and the ethos might have been different in the London \ SE office.
                I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                  Having worked at BoA when they owned a large credit card issuer in the UK, I can tell you most of the contractors or rather permie tractors there, havent a clue about IR35.

I remember when the bank forced the introduction of a contractor timesheet sign in regime. Most of the permie tractors were ok with it and didnt grasp the wider implications it signalled the start of direction, supervision never mind control when their bums should be on the seat. (Trust me, you had to be there to appreciate this!)
                  MBNA were always somewhat removed from the BoA mainstream. Having contracted literally over the road from you at a BoA site, I don't relate to any of this.

Comment

Originally posted by realaledrinker View Post
                    MBNA were always somewhat removed from the BoA mainstream. Having contracted literally over the road from you at a BoA site, I don't relate to any of this.
                    Ah, M&S Money?
                    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

One we are all forced in to paye, we should do a general strike and make them pay for us when we not there. They wanted paye....

Comment

Working...
                      X