• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bank of America joins (nearly) every other bank in banning PSCs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bank of America joins (nearly) every other bank in banning PSCs

Deja vu or what?!

IR35 private sector reforms: Bank of America IT contractors await verdict on future employment terms

This should be so fun beginning of March with everyone on the bench. Maybe weather will be nice and we get to organise a bbq.

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
      This should be so fun beginning of March with everyone on the bench. Maybe weather will be nice and we get to organise a bbq.
      What'chu talkin' 'bout, Willis?

All of the people I know have agreed to umbrella rather than leave as no job in banking

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
        What'chu talkin' 'bout, Willis?

All of the people I know have agreed to umbrella rather than leave as no job in banking

If they're at the same client then they should be expecting HMRC to be in touch

Comment

“They have provided no details of how this will work and what the new terms of engagement will be"

What exactly are the contractors waiting for? What favourable terms is the contractor expecting to receive?

Best case (if you have not already been offered a good salary package) you hope the bank will be re-writing your contract so that it looks an awful lot different to your existing one, and hopefully a new role shuffle, you sign the inside IR35 deal on the same or even the chopped reduced rate.

Then you network as fast as you can to get a permie job at the bank, knowing that brown nosing in a perm is the fastest way to push up that salary.

If you hate the idea of perm then take the inside IR35 offer and after a quick brew on the Monday morning, hit all the sites you can to find the best inside IR35 role elsewhere, keep shifting around when new, better paid IR35 roles crop up.

In either case, if you get the impression that the contract re-write, role shift is not on the cards, then leave. I'd probably get a feel for the contractors who will absolutely leave if inside IR35 and blag their role the day after they leave, role change guarantee.

Comment

Will they be putting their rates up to maintain a constant income?

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
              No rate increase for anyone

One bank is about to cut all rates 20% next month across the board

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                No rate increase for anyone

One bank is about to cut all rates 20% next month across the board

Do you know which bank ?

Last edited by Kanaiya; 25 January 2020, 14:37.

Comment

Lots of low hanging fruit there. Moratorium on permanent recruitment has led to plenty permitractors covering vacant roles.

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
                    how on earth do you PUT YOUR RATES UP? your rate is what the client pays. Not what you ask.

Comment

Working...
                    X