• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Retrospective IR35 investigations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
    If only you could see my shocked face.
    watch this space for more revelations!

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
      he doesn't have to maintain a seat at the table, so he doesn't have to be. Generally, from what I can see, he has achieved much more than any other organisation, including that one which claims to represent the interests of many contractors.
      He's in danger of becoming known as an insurance provider rather than a campaigner, as unlikely a scenario that could ever be!
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        He's in danger of becoming known as an insurance provider rather than a campaigner, as unlikely a scenario that could ever be!
        well, there isn't any reason why he can't be both.

Comment

Apart from the bleeding obvious?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Apart from the bleeding obvious?
            whatever, he clearly is, just like QDOS is.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Bank Holiday View Post
              I would imagine going outside to inside in the same role or just accepting inside roles after having operated exclusively outside beforehand will certainly increase the chances of a retrospective investigation.
              What do people think of the flip side here? That HMRC will leave those who've gone inside alone and will instead target the few that remain outside?

Comment

Originally posted by DrStrange View Post
                What do people think of the flip side here? That HMRC will leave those who've gone inside alone and will instead target the few that remain outside?
                No chance.
                Why chase the hard targets?
                Anyone still outside has it very well covered (well their client does).
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                  No chance.
                  Why chase the hard targets?
                  Anyone still outside has it very well covered (well their client does).
                  I wonder if it depends on the clients too. If it's a firm they've wanted to haul over the coals for awhile, maybe they'll take a punt?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    I wonder if it depends on the clients too. If it's a firm they've wanted to haul over the coals for awhile, maybe they'll take a punt?
                    Pure speculation but, aside from random compliance checks, I think sporadic outside contracts at medium/large clients would be at the absolute bottom of the pile, even below small companies/IR35 BAU (which are hard targets in the sense that they are resource hogs to investigate). Perhaps large clients that have a very high fraction of outside contracts would receive some attention, but I really can't see that scenario in practice. Top of the pile will be nudge letters to large clients, then outside --> inside w/ the same client/agent - I don't care what they say about not "focusing" on the past.

Comment

So the guy that is selling insurance is spreading rumours (and that’s all I believe this is at this moment in time) that might encourage people to buy insurance.

I don’t trust HMRC, but I also don’t trust people with a vested interest unless they provide proof.
                      Last edited by Paralytic; 27 January 2020, 22:28.

Comment

Working...
                      X