Retrospective IR35 investigations Retrospective IR35 investigations
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 149

Banned

Default Retrospective IR35 investigations

Dave Chaplin has posted on Linkedin that HMRC are already retrospectively investigating public sector contractors who have taken PAYE roles since the implementation of the new rules in the public sector. So much for HMRC's statements to the contrary. So in reality, whatever situation you find yourself in from April 2020, you will not be spared an IR35 retrospective investigation. Time to prime the weapons I think!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JohntheBike View Post
    Dave Chaplin has posted on Linkedin that HMRC are already retrospectively investigating public sector contractors who have taken PAYE roles since the implementation of the new rules in the public sector. So much for HMRC's statements to the contrary. So in reality, whatever situation you find yourself in from April 2020, you will not be spared an IR35 retrospective investigation. Time to prime the weapons I think!
    I would imagine going outside to inside in the same role or just accepting inside roles after having operated exclusively outside beforehand will certainly increase the chances of a retrospective investigation.

I'm quitting my gig on 28 Feb and will be looking for another outside role. How long I'll be on the bench is anyone's guess.

Some things in Moderation

Really, why is anyone surprised by this?
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Godlike

Quote Originally Posted by cojak View Post
    Really, why is anyone surprised by this?
    But, but, but... They said they wouldn't!

Quote Originally Posted by ladymuck View Post
    But, but, but... They said they wouldn't!
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

I read on a thread a few days ago that a newbie stated that this forum was risk averse!

And this is why fellas!

Fingers like lightning

Quote Originally Posted by cojak View Post
    I read on a thread a few days ago that a newbie stated that this forum was risk averse!

And this is why fellas!
    I love newbies; they're so fresh, so pure. They smell like clouds.
    ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

TykeLike

Quote Originally Posted by JohntheBike View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Chaplin on LinkedIn
    We are starting to hear that some contractors...
    I have a lot of time for Dave and the work he has been doing, but I wish he was more cautious with his words especially when next to that post is a post advertising his insurance product.
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

― Marcus Aurelius

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SimonMac View Post
    I have a lot of time for Dave and the work he has been doing, but I wish he was more cautious with his words especially when next to that post is a post advertising his insurance product.
    I wish he was more cautious with his words
    he doesn't have to maintain a seat at the table, so he doesn't have to be. Generally, from what I can see, he has achieved much more than any other organisation, including that one which claims to represent the interests of many contractors.

Fingers like lightning

If only you could see my shocked face.