• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Retrospective IR35 investigations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retrospective IR35 investigations

Dave Chaplin has posted on Linkedin that HMRC are already retrospectively investigating public sector contractors who have taken PAYE roles since the implementation of the new rules in the public sector. So much for HMRC's statements to the contrary. So in reality, whatever situation you find yourself in from April 2020, you will not be spared an IR35 retrospective investigation. Time to prime the weapons I think!

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
    Dave Chaplin has posted on Linkedin that HMRC are already retrospectively investigating public sector contractors who have taken PAYE roles since the implementation of the new rules in the public sector. So much for HMRC's statements to the contrary. So in reality, whatever situation you find yourself in from April 2020, you will not be spared an IR35 retrospective investigation. Time to prime the weapons I think!
    I would imagine going outside to inside in the same role or just accepting inside roles after having operated exclusively outside beforehand will certainly increase the chances of a retrospective investigation.

I'm quitting my gig on 28 Feb and will be looking for another outside role. How long I'll be on the bench is anyone's guess.

Comment

Really, why is anyone surprised by this?
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
        Really, why is anyone surprised by this?
        But, but, but... They said they wouldn't!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          But, but, but... They said they wouldn't!
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

I read on a thread a few days ago that a newbie stated that this forum was risk averse!

And this is why fellas!

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              I read on a thread a few days ago that a newbie stated that this forum was risk averse!

And this is why fellas!
              I love newbies; they're so fresh, so pure. They smell like clouds.
              ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
              Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
                Originally posted by Dave Chaplin on LinkedIn
                We are starting to hear that some contractors...
                I have a lot of time for Dave and the work he has been doing, but I wish he was more cautious with his words especially when next to that post is a post advertising his insurance product.
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  I have a lot of time for Dave and the work he has been doing, but I wish he was more cautious with his words especially when next to that post is a post advertising his insurance product.
                  I wish he was more cautious with his words
                  he doesn't have to maintain a seat at the table, so he doesn't have to be. Generally, from what I can see, he has achieved much more than any other organisation, including that one which claims to represent the interests of many contractors.

Comment

If only you could see my shocked face.
                    Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Working...
                    X