• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Partnerships

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Partnerships

Before beginning, I believe it is the right of everyone to sell their labour as a business. IR35 is an insidious idea born of the Labour Party, competing consultancies, unionised workers/civil servants.

Companies are now coercing people to lie, and agree to 'inside' when, they are not. Well, no use crying. We are, where we are.

Have people discussed Partnerships?
    Last edited by contractorcontractor; 30 January 2020, 09:58.

More Partnerships...

As IR35 is making conracting difficult, have people discussed Partnerships?

I made a post on the Legal Forum - perhaps it should be on this forum(?)
    https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...tnerships.html

Comment

Originally posted by contractorcontractor View Post
      Before beginning, I believe it is the right of everyone to sell their labour as a business. IR35 is an insidious idea born of the Labour Party, competing consultancies, unionised workers/civil servants.

Companies are now coercing people to lie, and agree to 'inside' when, they are not. Well, no use crying. We are, where we are.

And what would a partnership solve? - the client has determined the role you have is one similar to an employee so how does a partnership solve that issue

Comment

Originally posted by madame SasGuru View Post
        And what would a partnership solve? - the client has determined the role you have is one similar to an employee so how does a partnership solve that issue

The partnership would stop the Labour government from being able to make changes.

...oh yeah, they've not been in power for a decade, and the current lot have refused to change the policies because it suits them not to.

It's also worth posting out, the number of people calling themselves "contractors" who only work at 1 client for years - these people are not genuine contractors.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Yes, most agencies won't work with partnerships so is a non starter
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Have merged both threads and moved them from Accounting/Legal and Future of Contracting into IR35

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

It's also worth posting out, the number of people calling themselves "contractors" who only work at 1 client for years - these people are not genuine contractors.
              Very true.......

A bit like this????.......
              I believe it is the right of everyone to sell their labour as a business. IR35 is an insidious idea born of the Labour Party, competing consultancies, unionised workers/civil servants.
              Selling your labour as a business is what is called a contract of service. Which is also called a job.
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                ...oh yeah, they've (Labour) not been in power for a decade, and the current lot have refused to change the policies because it suits them not to.

I did say "born of the Labour Party"

That said, it is more accurate to say "born of the Labour Party & unionised workers/civil servants and embraced by competing consultancies"

While conservatives are susceptible to bowing to corporations, as Labour does to unions and foreign powers, Cameron & May did act as continuity Labour.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                  Very true.......

A bit like this????.......
                  Selling your labour as a business is what is called a contract of service. Which is also called a job.
                  A business is where you own your own labour, and sell it as you wish.

A "job" is where you are an employee of a company, with a boss.

A business has risk and decides its own direction, which is difficult for some to understand.

Comment

I did say "born of the Labour Party"

That said, it is more accurate to say "born of the Labour Party & unionised workers/civil servants and embraced by competing consultancies"

While conservatives are susceptible to bowing to corporations, as Labour does to unions and foreign powers, Cameron & May did act as continuity Labour.
                    Ah yes, Cameron and May were extreme left wing, and we now have an only mildly left wing government, is that you're take on things?

Comment

Working...
                    X