• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 - Is it applicable outside UK?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IR35 - Is it applicable outside UK?

Given a scenario where I contract outside UK, i.e. My Ltd -> UK Agency -> Non-UK EU Client, do I need to worry about IR35?

yes

Comment

100%

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

The problem is that the end client being non-uk doesn't give a toss about IR35, making it hard / almost impossible to get status determination statement (SDS)

Comment

Then the agency will be chased for the taxes, as per the draft legislation, IIRC

Comment

What if I just directly invoice the New York branch of my multinational client in dollars rather than invoice the UK branch in £ (no agency in chain)? Apart from the exchange rate, surely IR35 becomes a non-issue?
            ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
              What if I just directly invoice the New York branch of my multinational client in dollars rather than invoice the UK branch in £ (no agency in chain)? Apart from the exchange rate, surely IR35 becomes a non-issue?
              Invoicing and currency is irrelevant but, yes, based on the current draft legislation it becomes a non-issue because overseas clients are within scope and yet practically not, so the liability is offshored, effectively, with no practical way to enforce it. The draft could change. Note: this only applies if you are doing work for an overseas client with no UK presence in the supply chain. As I said, invoicing is irrelevant.

Comment

Working...
              X