• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 any additional taxes to those deducted at source?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it's likely that I will soon be deemed to be within IR35 so will be paid my invoices minus income tax and NIC. But what does this mean for corporation tax?

If my Ltd company continues to pay me a personal salary of minimum wage, then I will still be accumulating profit and have to pay and additional 19% tax on this. Won't I? Plus, I would have to pay the dividend tax when I take the rest of the money as dividends?

I have people say that they will just take their entire payment as salary, but doesn't that large increase in salary paid out by the Ltd company mean the Ltd company then has additional taxes to pay i.e. employer's NI?

My question is: are there any other taxes to budget for other than those that will be deducted at source?

Originally posted by Beko View Post
    I think it's likely that I will soon be deemed to be within IR35 so will be paid my invoices minus income tax and NIC. But what does this mean for corporation tax?

If my Ltd company continues to pay me a personal salary of minimum wage, then I will still be accumulating profit and have to pay and additional 19% tax on this. Won't I? Plus, I would have to pay the dividend tax when I take the rest of the money as dividends?

I have people say that they will just take their entire payment as salary, but doesn't that large increase in salary paid out by the Ltd company mean the Ltd company then has additional taxes to pay i.e. employer's NI?

My question is: are there any other taxes to budget for other than those that will be deducted at source?
    Not really sure where to start with this...

But if you're inside, the money you receive will be net so nothing left for you to pay. Best to think of it s receiving net salary, same as a PAYE guy...

Comment

Don’t forget your free 20% expenses you get + a free laptop

Best post I’ve read in ages

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by DrStrange View Post
        Not really sure where to start with this...
        You could start, and end, at pointing him to the umbrella guides on the right and suggest he does some reading.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

The client will not engage with me unless I retain my ltd company, even inside IR35. Which is why I'm not sure how to process the payment my company receives. Umbrella isn't an option either.

Comment

The client will not engage with me unless I retain my ltd company, even inside IR35. Which is why I'm not sure how to process the payment my company receives. Umbrella isn't an option either.
            Ok is your end client paying you gross or Net pay?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

I haven’t actually got any but what happens about student loans?

Comment

Retain it in case you get investigated later down the line?

Can you give us the compete picture and not endlessly drip feed pertinent information please.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SussexSeagull View Post
                  I haven’t actually got any but what happens about student loans?
                  The umbrella will get notification from HMRC and it will be deducted at the going rate. I'm not sure but I think it's a post-tax deduction.

Comment

The complete picture - or as much information as I have is:

* I have worked for this client as one of a number of clients, outside IR35 for years
                    * This one client has decided all contractors will now be deemed inside IR35 and will only pay invoices minus NI and Income Tax
                    * They will only engage if I retain my Ltd company status, so I presume will continue to pay my now reduced payment into my company bank account.

My - much mocked - original question is how I can take this money out of my ltd company, as any method i can see (increasing the salary I pay myself as a director, drawing dividends as I usually would) incurs additional taxes.

Comment

Working...
                    X