• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Short term contracts outside of IR35?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skag View Post
    I get it.

Would you hire someone for 6 months only?
    FTCs are perm contracts with fixed timescales and can end after 3 or 6 months.

Temps are short term contracts carried out by employees.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
      No, I don’t have any jobs

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
      ha ha...

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
        They won't. Clients will either hire FTCs or force contractors to work as "temps" via umbrella companies.
        Right. So no more outside IR35 hiring then? And instead only umbrella for short term contracts?

Comment

Right. So no more outside IR35 hiring then? And instead only umbrella for short term contracts?
          For you? That is the best bet yes.

Comment

Thankfully I have managed to secure some outside IR35 work. I don't know how rare this is - fairly rare it would appear from the anecdotal evidence I have seen.

Comment

Yes. Outside IR35 roles are likely to be few and far between in this brave new world. There may be some, but they are unlikely to be available to the majority.
              ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
              Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

I'm reading this though...

“There is a positive…the opposite is also true. Clients who understand and have prepared will mean that contractors [using a PSC] on an outside IR35 [contract can likely] keep doing so.

“Overall though, it takes time for clients to adapt to change… [so] I’d expect to see the usage of limited companies reduce very slightly. But very quickly rise again.”

Comment

“There is a positive…the opposite is also true. Clients who understand and have prepared will mean that contractors [using a PSC] on an outside IR35 [contract can likely] keep doing so.

“Overall though, it takes time for clients to adapt to change… [so] I’d expect to see the usage of limited companies reduce very slightly. But very quickly rise again.”
                  Then stop wasting our time and believe what you want to believe. Simples. I'm done.
                  ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                  Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
                    Then stop wasting our time and believe what you want to believe. Simples. I'm done.
                    Yoda said it best man...

Comment

A quote from a recruiter who's only hope of surviving is it bounces back.

You really need to do a lot more of your own research to make your own opinion. Your lack of knowledge about one of the big changes to hit contracting in 20 years is staggering IMO. You really aren't going to begin to grasp the enormity and impact this is having by asking questions on this thread.

This is your career and livelihood on the line here so you do need to step up.

Comment

Working...
                      X