• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Draft Employment Status Manual Updates

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
    they were going to, but were told (from high) to back off when I lost my ET. Which is why I keep claiming (even in today's posts) that HMRC are unlikely to challenge anyone who has an ET judgement about the engagement.

thanks for the words of support. Many others have also supported my position.
    I thought you always won....
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

I'm just posting my usual tedious boring twaddle
      ftfy

Comment

I'm just demonstrating that politics can have an over riding affect on the issues. It was clear by the letters which HMRC revealed to me, as a result of a FOI request, that politics over rode HMRC's desire to chase me under IR35.
        Ooooookay.. Thanks for thst.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
          I thought you always won....
          I won my battle against IR35!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Ooooookay.. Thanks for thst.
            and just to re-iterate, judging by the Parliamentary Solicitor's letter to me, I upset a few people in HMG. There have been many individuals in the past who have fought injustice in their own way. I was incensed with the whole gambit of IR35 and even more so when I suffered as a result of it. So I was never going to lie down and take it without fighting. Some people have given their lives for a cause, my protest was insignificant in the scheme of things.
            Last edited by JohntheBike; 10 February 2020, 10:10.

Comment

As you keep telling us ad infinitum...
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X