• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Client Co has shown their colours...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Lucky you didn't confuse it with LMs other favourite which is FOAD.
    I only use that for the very special people...

Comment

Inconclusive contract discussions had this morning.

Said in no uncertain terms that going perm with the consultancy to do the same job for less than half the money was not going to happen.

I said I would consider a 1 year FTC at 30% above my current rate to cover my PAYE due that the consultancy could deduct at source. They are now saying that would potentially be an uplift too far for ClientCo. I said that's the new cost of doing business.

Will wait and see what happens...

Comment

That you are being afforded the chance to participate in discussions is superb.

Are you able to introduce the client to Qdos who are taking calls from clients for insurance purposes? To indemnify the client as opposed to contractor?

Comment

Originally posted by simes View Post
          That you are being afforded the chance to participate in discussions is superb.

Are you able to introduce the client to Qdos who are taking calls from clients for insurance purposes? To indemnify the client as opposed to contractor?
          LM's eventual end client doesn't want any PSCs anywhere near their premises.. Which means QDOS doesn't solve anything here.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

i reckon someone's done a deal with QDOS.
            would explain posting this on loads of threads.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              LM's eventual end client doesn't want any PSCs anywhere near their premises.. Which means QDOS doesn't solve anything here.
              Ah, is that right? Ok.

But, with an eye towards the longer term future and, IF LadyM has an ongoing audience whose day she can continue to brighten up, then dropping in this nugget may, in time, give them something to consider for if, as and when Outside contracts just Have to be made available.

No harm in mentioning it now, if in fact the client is not already aware.

Just a thought.

Comment

The client has paid lots of money to EY for their advice. They have yet to decide if they will accept LtdCo contractors in their supply chain and therefore have not yet started looking at issuing SDSs. We will find out next month what their approach will be.

Contract negotiations with the consultancy are basically to decide the way forward once ClientCo have stopped naval gazing.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  The client has paid lots of money to EY for their advice. They have yet to decide if they will accept LtdCo contractors in their supply chain and therefore have not yet started looking at issuing SDSs. We will find out next month what their approach will be.

Contract negotiations with the consultancy are basically to decide the way forward once ClientCo have stopped naval gazing.
                  they're looking at ships?
                  at an airport?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                    they're looking at ships?
                    at an airport?
                    Yep. Airships

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      i reckon someone's done a deal with QDOS.
                      would explain posting this on loads of threads.
                      Heaven forbid no. I am a contractor and I am a member of IPSE.

If IPSE were offering clients what Qdos is appearing to offer, then I would be mentioning them too. The more companies offering this potential solution and getting their word out, the sooner clients have what we as contractors have had for the last 20 years. Peace of mind.

But in absence of clients, by their own knowledge or others' advice, having the wherewithal to even consider allowing the use of PSCs going forward, if they can be introduced to a sort of assurance that nothing will hit their bottom line, then there is an open door to consider once things have settled somewhat.

As for EY, I saw the results of their 'advice' to Sky. And they managed to totally cock up in no uncertain terms Mutuality of Obligation. Hence why now Sky is also banning the use of PSCs.

Again, apologies if anyone thinks I am a Qdos minion.

Comment

Working...
                      X