• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What good might this Lords committee review do

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PTP View Post
    Also, if you gave your true name and contact details to such a government body, isn't that just making yourself an easier target for HMRC/Gov ?? (although it would make no difference to whether you win or lose).

If they accepted snail-mail submissions then I might have written in without leaving a trace.
    Set up a fake email address then.

If they can't attribute the comments to a real person, how do they know it's not spam?

Comment

[QUOTE=eatenrifles;2725835]I had a reply from my MP which included a letter from Jesse Norman to 'address my concerns'.

According to the Treasury:

.[*]There is no evidence of large corporations taking blanket decisions.

Absolute pish, again shows the scale of lying that goes on. We see it in ir35 and just makes you realise this scale of BS probably goes across all political points.

Norman is a muppet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

[QUOTE=TheInvoicer;2726045]
        Originally posted by eatenrifles View Post
        I had a reply from my MP which included a letter from Jesse Norman to 'address my concerns'.

According to the Treasury:

.[*]There is no evidence of large corporations taking blanket decisions.

Absolute pish, again shows the scale of lying that goes on. We see it in ir35 and just makes you realise this scale of BS probably goes across all political points.

Norman is a muppet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        and this is news to you?
        such a sheltered life you must have.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Set up a fake email address then.
          Don't quite think that would work. As mentioned in another thread recently, there's loads of ways that anything digital can still be traced back to it's origin

Comment

If someone tells someone else that their actions will adversely affect thousands of people, dont you think it would have rather more impact if a few thousand said the same thing independently?

Stop being paranoid and start writing in. Utterly pointless leaving it to the other guys. Unless of course you dont want to fight back.
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by PTP View Post
              Don't quite think that would work. As mentioned in another thread recently, there's loads of ways that anything digital can still be traced back to it's origin
              Then make a hat out of industrial foil, store your phone in a crisp packet and go live in a bunker in the Nevada desert after you click send on the email.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Then make a hat out of industrial foil, store your phone in a crisp packet and go live in a bunker in the Nevada desert after you click send on the email.
                This one started my day with a smile.

Thank you.

Comment

Respond to govt subcommittee

Govt committee on IR35 is calling for evidence from organisations and individuals. Let's do our part in spreading awareness and submitting evidence. To me the fact that Clients are putting blanket inside IR35 for all roles and refusing to work with PSC altogether is an indication that this isn't well thought through.

Finance Bill Sub-Committee - submit a written submission - UK Parliament

Please submit your views and share with your network.

Comment

Working...
                  X