• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

When does SDA Matter?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    I know there's a lot of acronyms to keep track of, but you've been corrected on this several times (unless you are making a point about something different?). It makes it hard to know what you're talking about.

SDS = Status Determination Statement.
    MoO = Mutuality of Obligation (I assume this is what you mean by MOE)

Yeah I was rushing, I'll try harder to get my TLA's correct.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
      Yup. And several times before that too.
      Cheers, not the most important thing for me to get an acronym correct when my erse is making IR35 buttons

Comment

Originally posted by sim2kuk View Post
        So, is it the Client who has misled the agency, or the agency that has misled the contractor. Either way, someone has been misled to get the contractor to sign the contract...
        The contractor signed the contract. The contract was based on information and laws as they stood at the time. No misleading was involved.

Originally posted by MHPPM View Post
        So either they are complicit or someone else should be on the hook and not just us poor bandits!
        The people who are complicit are those who support and vote for the government that are railroading the changes in. It’s not the agency or the client who are bringing in the new rules.

Originally posted by sim2kuk View Post
        Which is where the legal question is valid - surely someone has been misleading other parties, and there is a case to answer?
        Yes, there’s a case to answer - why do some contractors vote for the Tory party?
        If someone votes for a party who promise to screw you over, then they screw you over, don’t be trying to claim agents and clients are doing something illegal.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          The contractor signed the contract. The contract was based on information and laws as they stood at the time. No misleading was involved.

The people who are complicit are those who support and vote for the government that are railroading the changes in. It’s not the agency or the client who are bringing in the new rules.

Yes, there’s a case to answer - why do some contractors vote for the Tory party?
          If someone votes for a party who promise to screw you over, then they screw you over, don’t be trying to claim agents and clients are doing something illegal.
          But the point is the legislation hasn't changed, has it? IR35 is still the same, it's just the responsibility for deciding it has changed from contractor to client. The determination that the client made to ask the agency to draw up an outside IR35 contract is the same as the determination that they make now, as the base IR35 rules have not changed.

I most definitely did not vote Tory, so not sure why I can't claim this.

Comment

Originally posted by MHPPM View Post
            Yeah I was rushing, I'll try harder to get my TLA's correct.
            You really should have deliberately misspelled TLW just to wind folk up

Comment

Working...
            X