• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC Announcement - Damage Done

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HMRC Announcement - Damage Done

Didnt see this posted yet.

HMRC announces change to the off-payroll working rules - GOV.UK

Most of folk i know are terminated effective from 28 Feb so this is too little too late.

KUATB

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...st2726808.html
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

The rules, also known as IR35, will now apply only to payments made for services provided on or after 6 April 2020. Previously, the rules would have applied to any payments made on or after 6 April 2020, regardless of when the services were carried out. It means organisations will only need to determine whether the rules apply for contracts they plan to continue beyond 6 April 2020, supporting businesses as they prepare.
      Well I don’t know about you, but I don’t have a fecking clue what that means...

Edit ah, I get it now.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Whoopeedo

Gives me 4 more days to work before sitting back and watching the carnage for a few months.
        Lisa: "Gary, you can't blame yourself for what gorillas did."

Comment

Originally posted by babybel View Post
          Gives me 4 more days to work before sitting back and watching the carnage for a few months.
          The sad part is watching some contractors going PAYE / umbrella and getting their first 'paycheck' - as they are now employees and then realising how little income they will get compared to working Outside.

Actually, have any contractors on here going PAYE/ umbrella, been asked for their P45 from 'theirCo' yet by their Brolly / PAYE agency?

Comment

Originally posted by pacontracting View Post
            The sad part is watching some contractors going PAYE / umbrella and getting their first 'paycheck' - as they are now employees and then realising how little income they will get compared to working Outside.

Actually, have any contractors on here going PAYE/ umbrella, been asked for their P45 from 'theirCo' yet by their Brolly / PAYE agency?
            I know it's of no comfort to most when I went inside I felt better off as I was getting a lump sum per month instead of paying myself a divi at the beginning of the year and having to manage that throughout the year. Yes overall it was a drop in income, warchest doesn't get topped up etc but my monthly income appeared higher.

Obviously not good if you pick it apart but there was at least some kind of positive out of it that might help some out there.

It's awhile ago now but I don't remember using a P45 as I didn't leave my LTD. Can't remember exactly how I did it though.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              I know it's of no comfort to most when I went inside I felt better off as I was getting a lump sum per month instead of paying myself a divi at the beginning of the year and having to manage that throughout the year. Yes overall it was a drop in income, warchest doesn't get topped up etc but my monthly income appeared higher.

Obviously not good if you pick it apart but there was at least some kind of positive out of it that might help some out there.

It's awhile ago now but I don't remember using a P45 as I didn't leave my LTD. Can't remember exactly how I did it though.
              The kicker.

Comment

Working...
              X