• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Taking dividends next year

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taking dividends next year

As I am not taking any dividends next year because the communist HMRC have forced me to be an employee. I will not be taking any more dividends in the 32% tax bracket this year, instead. I will wait until April and then take them at 7%, as my income will be stolen before I receive it next year, I will not be taking any new dividends. Should save a few £1000 in tax. I'd rather burn the money than give it to HMRC.
    Last edited by PeterSim; 10 February 2020, 10:12.

Except the 1st £2k of dividends how are you going to avoid paying tax at 32% while working under PAYE?
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Oh that is true. They calculate the dividends after salary right? *sigh*

Comment

Cool story bro.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Thought I had the thieves there, I was wrong

Comment

Originally posted by PeterSim View Post
              Thought I had the thieves there, I was wrong
              HMRC are doing their job - as I said before your anger is getting in the way of sane thinking. Take a break from CUK
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I am a libertarian, i have always thought that taxation is theft, even before I started contracting. But now I think it even more so. If you want me to stop posting here, then I can do that. No problem.

Taxation as theft - Wikipedia

Comment

A spouse on the board could take dividends if they are not working, surely?

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
                    A spouse on the board could take dividends if they are not working, surely?
                    They could, but you would have to change the share allocation and issue different types of shares i.e. Alphabet Shares. If the only reason you do this is to avoid paying tax HMRC will take a dim view.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                    X