• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Parliament live - IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parliament live - IR35

Very very interesting. Have you guys seen this?

https://parliamentlive.tv/Event/Inde...6-1804aed622f8

Be great if something useful came of it.

Shame no-one properly responded to Lord Desai. They tipped a nod to it's not just tax, it's benefits too but I felt the point wasn't really put across.

An employee pays their taxes and their employer pays for their benefits.

An inside IR35 contractor pays their taxes and pays for their own benefits.

As has been said many times - employment law and tax law are separate due to the nature of who pays for what but they need to be kept in balance and it seems HMRC are fundamentally missing that.

Employers don't want the increased costs but HMRC want the money. It's obvious as to who loses out.

Comment

Wow

Oscar winner

Everyone should watch

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
        Wow

Oscar winner

Everyone should watch

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
        watch wot?

Comment

If you have access:

Subscribe to read | Financial Times

Comment

Just watched it all - every minute. It’s clear there are so many issues with IR35 and the deadline in April. It’s so clear that this needs to be delayed and the whole thing needs to be rethought through.

Comment

I love the fact they say “well because so many businesses have prepared for the changes we might as well implant them anyway”

That’s my kinda review!
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Get a load of Lord Desai. What a phenomenal dick this guy is, who made this imbecile a Lord? "Let's just get rid of the self-employed".

Comment

Just finished watching the whole thing, and the take away is.....

Well we’ve been saying this all along. What can the HoL do when all this has been said before. The scant conciliatory notes announced last Friday will be more than enough for HMRC to say “well we listened and made some changes, all good to go now”

I hope I’m wrong, but I know I’m not
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    Just finished watching the whole thing, and the take away is.....

Well we’ve been saying this all along. What can the HoL do when all this has been said before. The scant conciliatory notes announced last Friday will be more than enough for HMRC to say “well we listened and made some changes, all good to go now”

I hope I’m wrong, but I know I’m not
                    HoL can do sweet FA.
                    The parliament act of 1911 prevents HoL from blocking a finance bill. Only the commons can do that.
                    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                    X