• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Better offer??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Better offer??

My current limited company rate is £350. I have just been offered a PAYE job at £350/day which my agent has told me is roughly the equivalent of £430 limited company. How can this be?

Are they paying the employers NI and apprentice levy? That could be where they're coming from.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Are they paying the employers NI and apprentice levy? That could be where they're coming from.
      +1. A PAYE rate means you don't need to worry about employers NI and apprenticeship levy. You do need to however ask if holiday is coming out of the £350 or if it will be paid separately (and if so at what rate)..
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Yep.

£350 - outside IR35 / off-payroll does not apply
        £378 - inside IR35 + client pays their own tax bill
        £426 - inside IR35 + you pay clients tax bill (umbrella used)

Comment

Working...
        X