• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

disguised contractor?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

disguised contractor?

got a permie offer from a consultancy who's end client is a large FI.
    the employment contract has no end date, but i'm pretty sure the client's project has.
    does this make me a disguised contractor, as opposed to a disguised permie??

asking for a friend

Phone rings

Hello?

Ah BR14, HMRC here, glad to have caught you good fellow. It's come to our attention that you've paid full income tax and NI on your earnings with BobBob co. Did you realise you were actually in business on your own account and should only have paid minimal taxes, if any? Just think of all the pension contributions you could have paid! We'd like to refund you as it's simply not right.

Err...

It's a common scam. Just give me your bank details and I'll do the needful.

Comment

The unnecessary level of management will definitely thank you for your contribution during the meetings that are meant to keep you submissive alongside the performance reviews that will also suggest an improvement will only come by challenging yourself to a second project on the side.
      The shareholders & directors will be grateful for you contribution to their passive income and their new mistresses titties.
      When the project is done, they’ll assess the impact of your payslip against the above and they’ll do the needful.
      Works great, but not for you.
      Last edited by GigiBronz; 12 February 2020, 00:48.

Comment

Working...
      X