• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

QDOS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QDOS

Is it just me or does anyone else see any Irony/Stupidity in QDOS calling out CEST as not fit for purpose when their Tax Liability insurance does the exact same thing? basically for both CEST and the insurance any hint of no ROS/cover. I can't get the Insurance without a cast iron guarantee of ROS even though QDOS pass the contract as compliant... Yet again everyone leaves the PSC holding the baby...

Qdos Statement below..

HMRC’s IR35 tool, CEST, simply isn’t fit for purpose...

Originally posted by MHPPM View Post
    Is it just me or does anyone else see any Irony/Stupidity in QDOS calling out CEST as not fit for purpose when their Tax Liability insurance does the exact same thing? basically for both CEST and the insurance any hint of no ROS/cover. I can't get the Insurance without a cast iron guarantee of ROS even though QDOS pass the contract as compliant... Yet again everyone leaves the PSC holding the baby...

Qdos Statement below..

HMRC’s IR35 tool, CEST, simply isn’t fit for purpose...
    I can't get the Insurance without a cast iron guarantee of ROS even though QDOS pass the contract as compliant.
    Abbey Tax passed my contract as compliant and cover me for tax investigations. I have a contractual right of substitution. However, there are conditions, the main one being that if they feel that there is no chance of defending an HMRC investigation, they will not support a claim. Tax investigation insurance is a bit unusual as it in effect covers you retrospectively, which other normal insurances don't. So they have to add caveats.

Go with Merkel Tax (was Abbey Tax)if you can't get QDOS to cover you.

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
      Abbey Tax passed my contract as compliant and cover me for tax investigations. I have a contractual right of substitution. However, there are conditions, the main one being that if they feel that there is no chance of defending an HMRC investigation, they will not support a claim. Tax investigation insurance is a bit unusual as it in effect covers you retrospectively, which other normal insurances don't. So they have to add caveats.

Or IPSE, who also use Merkel and don't impose conditions other than the reasonable one of the case having a realistic chance of a win.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Thanks. I can get cover with QDOS for enquiry insurance but not to cover the tax bill if I lose. Think I read somewhere they have never paid out so maybe not such a big deal...

Comment

Surely the only purpose of tax insurance is to ensure you are seen by HMRC as too much like a tough target, so they just move on to someone else...
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            Surely the only purpose of tax insurance is to ensure you are seen by HMRC as too much like a tough target, so they just move on to someone else...
            exactly and this is the message I've been putting out for years. Make yourself awkward (legally!) and HMRC will look elsewhere.

Comment

exactly and this is the message I've been putting out for years. Make yourself awkward (legally!) and HMRC will look elsewhere.
              He means buy buying a standard product. Not making yourself look like a complete tit in court. JtB missing the point but talking about himself again.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                He means buy buying a standard product. Not making yourself look like a complete tit in court. Roger irrelevant goes *wibble*.
                FTFY
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                X