• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dave Chaplin on LinkedIn

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    It's not about being confrontational, I have no issue with that at all and I applaud that aspect of his work. It's about spreading misinformation that I have issue with because he sees something, decides 2 + 2 = 5 and will publish that conclusion without fact checking. That scares people into doing silly things as the majority don't fact check what they see, they accept it at face value. When you find out you've been misled, you start to wonder whose side he's on.
    He is in contact with people on the ground. Perhaps he is being fed opinions and incorrect information. I know he's been given what appears to be incorrect information about my client. I'm trying to establish what the reality is. I should know by some time next week.

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
      He is in contact with people on the ground. Perhaps he is being fed opinions and incorrect information. I know he's been given what appears to be incorrect information about my client. I'm trying to establish what the reality is. I should know by some time next week.
      He views himself as King of the Contractors when all he's actually doing is shameless self promotion and whipping up a frenzy so he can flog his products.

Comment

Originally posted by Invisiblehand View Post
        He views himself as King of the Contractors when all he's actually doing is shameless self promotion and whipping up a frenzy so he can flog his products.
        whipping up a frenzy
        only the gullible would so succumb. However, given his FOI campaign, I would say he's having more of an effect on the issues that IPSE is, who have claimed for many years that they are influencing the issues, without providing a scrap of evidence to support that claim.

Comment

Working...
        X