Agency Requesting NI Number Agency Requesting NI Number
Posts 1 to 4 of 4

Should post faster

Default Agency Requesting NI Number

My agency has requested that all contractors supply their National Insurance Numbers, even though the contractors are still going through status assessments. When asked why do they need it, response below:

"This is for payroll purposes as HMRC have requested that we have the NI numbers on file for all our contractors because of IR35 that is about to come into effect."

Should we respond with NI number or holdback until/unless SDS has been issued with an inside IR35 determination?

TykeLike

Quote Originally Posted by eazy View Post
    My agency has requested that all contractors supply their National Insurance Numbers, even though the contractors are still going through status assessments. When asked why do they need it, response below:

"This is for payroll purposes as HMRC have requested that we have the NI numbers on file for all our contractors because of IR35 that is about to come into effect."

Should we respond with NI number or holdback until/unless SDS has been issued with an inside IR35 determination?
    They've needed your NI for a long time for reasons I won't go into again, there are plenty of searches on the subject.

My guess is they have just realised they have ****ed up and are now asking for it
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

― Marcus Aurelius

My post count is Majestic

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Godlike

Considering your tax account can be identified by your dob and name, there is really no issue in supplying your NI number. Sounds like they're just getting their records in order