My story, and how it's relavent to recent IR35 determinations and corporate scapegoat My story, and how it's relavent to recent IR35 determinations and corporate scapegoat - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Posts 11 to 20 of 48

Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

Sorry that this isn’t particularly helpful, but if you’ve been working for one client for 4 years, you’re basically a permanent employee, and the kind of person that the IR35 reforms were designed to call out.

Best either go perm, or find a new contract, if you want to be considered a contractor.

Also, if you are a contractor, you’re not being forced to do anything - you either accept what is being presented, or you walk away.
    I'm perfect, in a very specific and limited way.
    Hands... out infractions
    Face... the music
    Space... between the ears

Contractor Among Contractors

Quote Originally Posted by WTFH View Post
    Sorry that this isn’t particularly helpful, but if you’ve been working for one client for 4 years, you’re basically a permanent employee, and the kind of person that the IR35 reforms were designed to call out.

Best either go perm, or find a new contract, if you want to be considered a contractor.

Also, if you are a contractor, you’re not being forced to do anything - you either accept what is being presented, or you walk away.
    if you’ve been working for one client for 4 years, you’re basically a permanent employee, and the kind of person that the IR35 reforms were designed to call out.
    clearly I (Edward VIII mode) don't agree with you, for reasons that I've highlighted previously.

My post count is Majestic

Quote Originally Posted by JohntheBike View Post
    clearly I (Edward VIII mode) don't agree with you, for reasons that I've highlighted previously.
    *yawn*
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

You don't agree, but that doesn't mean that after however many decades working for one company, with no possible substitute and no desire to look elsewhere for work, that you represent what contracting is about.

You are exactly the sort of person that HMRC are going after - and the reason why the rest of us are suffering.
    Hands... out infractions
    Face... the music

Banned

You don't agree, but that doesn't mean that after however many decades working for one company, with no possible substitute and no desire to look elsewhere for work, that you represent what contracting is about.

You are exactly the sort of person that HMRC are going after - and the reason why the rest of us are suffering.
    yes, by having to wade through endless, tedious twaddle on Every thread he's in.

You are exactly the sort of person that HMRC are going after
    they tried and lost!

they tried and lost!
    Allegedly.

And how many years ago was that?
    Hands... out infractions
    Face... the music

that you represent what contracting is about.
    I've never claimed that. The situation many of us find ourselves in was created entirely by the clients for their advantage. It is human nature to make the best of any situation we find ourselves in, especially if that situation is forced on us by greedy people wanting to benefit from our misfortune.

Allegedly.

And how many years ago was that?
    you know the story full well.

My post count is Majestic

Suffering from the unwanted focus from HMRC or suffering from having to read his unending rubbish umpteen times a day. To be honest I'd rather suffer the former over the latter if I had a choice.

How many times can someone post off topic, not useful, non factual or whatever else twaddle before they get actioned? Actual useful content in the last few weeks has been nil.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!