• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My story, and how it's relavent to recent IR35 determinations and corporate scapegoat

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry that this isn’t particularly helpful, but if you’ve been working for one client for 4 years, you’re basically a permanent employee, and the kind of person that the IR35 reforms were designed to call out.

Best either go perm, or find a new contract, if you want to be considered a contractor.

Also, if you are a contractor, you’re not being forced to do anything - you either accept what is being presented, or you walk away.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Sorry that this isn’t particularly helpful, but if you’ve been working for one client for 4 years, you’re basically a permanent employee, and the kind of person that the IR35 reforms were designed to call out.

Best either go perm, or find a new contract, if you want to be considered a contractor.

Also, if you are a contractor, you’re not being forced to do anything - you either accept what is being presented, or you walk away.
      if you’ve been working for one client for 4 years, you’re basically a permanent employee, and the kind of person that the IR35 reforms were designed to call out.
      clearly I (Edward VIII mode) don't agree with you, for reasons that I've highlighted previously.

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
        clearly I (Edward VIII mode) don't agree with you, for reasons that I've highlighted previously.
        *yawn*
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

You don't agree, but that doesn't mean that after however many decades working for one company, with no possible substitute and no desire to look elsewhere for work, that you represent what contracting is about.

You are exactly the sort of person that HMRC are going after - and the reason why the rest of us are suffering.

Comment

You don't agree, but that doesn't mean that after however many decades working for one company, with no possible substitute and no desire to look elsewhere for work, that you represent what contracting is about.

You are exactly the sort of person that HMRC are going after - and the reason why the rest of us are suffering.
            yes, by having to wade through endless, tedious twaddle on Every thread he's in.

Comment

You are exactly the sort of person that HMRC are going after
              they tried and lost!

Comment

they tried and lost!
                Allegedly.

And how many years ago was that?

Comment

that you represent what contracting is about.
                  I've never claimed that. The situation many of us find ourselves in was created entirely by the clients for their advantage. It is human nature to make the best of any situation we find ourselves in, especially if that situation is forced on us by greedy people wanting to benefit from our misfortune.

Comment

Allegedly.

And how many years ago was that?
                    you know the story full well.

Comment

Suffering from the unwanted focus from HMRC or suffering from having to read his unending rubbish umpteen times a day. To be honest I'd rather suffer the former over the latter if I had a choice.

How many times can someone post off topic, not useful, non factual or whatever else twaddle before they get actioned? Actual useful content in the last few weeks has been nil.
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X