• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 - Finance Contractors Try to Play Hardball

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IR35 - Finance Contractors Try to Play Hardball

Hit by IR35, finance contractors try to play hardball
    Hit by IR35, finance contractors try to play hardball | eFinancialCareers

Excellent.

This is exactly the sort of action all seasoned contractors should be taking if adversely affected by all large clients.

And in 2-3 months (wild guess), there would be, by necessity, a reversal of client thinking.

Comment

Question is.. Where will they all go? Leave one client with inside determinations to go work at another, who's contractors all left because of determinations?

All thst will happen is a merry go round as we've said all along.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Am sure someone can do the maths but I don't work for a month, I lose £10k untaxed. I assume if a business like HSBC, Sky, Barclays don't have that work done, how much do they lose?

Comment

These tax dodgers should pay their fair share.

Comment

Originally posted by mgrover View Post
            Am sure someone can do the maths but I don't work for a month, I lose £10k untaxed. I assume if a business like HSBC, Sky, Barclays don't have that work done, how much do they lose?
            Not much, I bet.

Comment

Originally posted by mgrover View Post
              They lose nothing, because they cry 'skills shortage' and the UK government will be happy to oblige them with a big pile of visas of various types. Good luck with it all though. Nice to see you've taken back control.
              When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                They lose nothing, because they cry 'skills shortage' and the UK government will be happy to oblige them with a big pile of visas of various types. Good luck with it all though. Nice to see you've taken back control.
                Sort of. The banks will get in the big consultancies. Who will get visas to get more Indians in.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Sort of. The banks will get in the big consultancies. Who will get visas to get more Indians in.
                  Whole project collapses/fails and they get the proper contractors back...this could take some time unfortunately.
                  Formerly Sausage Surprise but forgot password on account that had email address from old gig

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Precisely the same in the energy industry, operators and contracting companies. India > UAE > UK via intracompany transfer visas tends to be the default route. There are many experienced UK guys out of work, or if desperate they are working at multi-dacade low rates as a consequence. Disgraceful.
                    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Working...
                    X