• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

QDOS insurance invalidated once stop working via LTD company?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aligning2020 View Post
    Does it actually depend on what the “policy holder” is set to on the policy? I.e. the main director or the company name itself.
    Just out of interest. Do you actually have a policy with QDOS or are you just trying to evaluate it?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Precisely. So if you look on your policy schedule and the policyholder is set to director’s actual name then the policy would remain valid of this clause. If however it was set to the company name, it wouldn’t.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Just out of interest. Do you actually have a policy with QDOS or are you just trying to evaluate it?
        Have a policy.

Comment

Have a policy.
          So read it and speak to the people you've bought it off.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Already am doing as I’ve said. Don’t see how that detracts from the benefit of this thread opening other people’s eyes up to reviewing their own QDOS insurance should they have it, and discussion of interpretations of the policy.

Comment

Already am doing as I’ve said. Don’t see how that detracts from the benefit of this thread opening other people’s eyes up to reviewing their own QDOS insurance should they have it, and discussion of interpretations of the policy.
              It doesn't, its a good point, they are just pointing out that anyone could answer this within 5 mins. So it would be a FYI rather than a question.

Anyway, I'm going to renew my IPSE+ membership before I close my Limited Company for the exact reason this is related to....retrospective investigations.

Comment

Precisely. So if you look on your policy schedule and the policyholder is set to director’s actual name then the policy would remain valid of this clause. If however it was set to the company name, it wouldn’t.
                Have a policy.
                Since you have a policy, which is it? It seems you have everything in your power to answer the question.

Comment

Correct. And anybody else with a QDOS policy reading this thread, who choose to, should also now be able to make their own assessments as well. So hopefully it has been of some use.

Comment

I have TLC35 with QDOS and my company name is listed as the policy holder. I contacted QDOS today about it and was told that even if i close my company the policy is still valid with the company name as the policy holder.

It simple just contact them then at least you have some evidence rather than relying on forum responses.

Comment

Thanks for everyone’s input and help here.

Comment

Working...
                      X